Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day 754 -- Colfax


Today's trivia fact, from Team Washington Real Estate: Colfax was named after Schuyler Colfax, vice president of Ulysses S. Grant. Grant is a particular favorite here at JogAmericaBlog, for several reasons:

  • The Jogger family claims him as an ancestor (although I admit that I haven't done the genealogy to determine if this is true.) In fact, my brother's middle name was "Grant".
  • He lived for a while in Galena, Illinois, not far from here.
  • He is the source of my pseudonym.
  • His vice president gave his name to a very nice town in western Washington.

OK, that last is a bit of a late addition.

I ran another eight miles today. My legs were sore, but my energy was high, and the miles went by pretty quickly. I knew I should get in a good run, because the gym is going to be closed the next two days, and they are not predicting good running weather. It's supposed to snow on and off through Christmas morning.

I have run twenty miles in the last three days, and I'm definitely feeling the effects. But I was happy with my effort today.

0 comments: